Several products in the Prodigy family of Motion Control Cards and the ION family of digital drives provide a programmable C-Motion Engine (CME), which allows user application code to be run in a motion control device instead of on a host computer.
This manual documents the C-Motion Engine Development Tools (also referred to as CME Development Tools), provided with CME devices, that allow user application code to be created and compiled on a host PC, and then downloaded, executed, and monitored on the CME device’s C-Motion Engine module. The C-Motion Engine Development Tools provides the following features:
- Complete toolset for creation of user-specific applications running on the motion card
• Open source compiler & motion control C libraries
- Interactive Development Environment
- Supports PCI bus, PC/104 bus, RS232/RS485, CANbus, and Ethernet communications
The CME Development Tools includes the following major elements:
- Programmer’s Notepad source code editor
- Open source C language compiler & linker
- PMD C language motion control and C-Motion Engine binary libraries
- PMD C language motion control and C-Motion Engine libraries in source form for host-based
- PMD Pro-Motion application which is used for code management & monitoring
These tools, utilized together, allow a user to quickly and easily develop applications that will run on a device equipped with a C-Motion Engine.